ALL ABOARD CHRISTMAS KIT | INSPIRATION WITH LISA MENSING
Hello, everyone. I’m so excited to be back sharing inspiration here featuring the Spellbinders All Aboard Christmas Kit is packed full of holiday happiness. I was pleasantly surprised at the generous amount of product included in this kit. Honestly, I’ve never had a kit with so much in it. It’s packed full of die-cut shapes and floral die-cuts, also known as ephemera, which brings me to my first card.
· Cut a piece of the navy cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and adhere to one of the card bases using the double-sided tape
· Cut .25” strips from gold glitter cardstock; glue to navy cardstock
· Arrange tag, bow, sentiment, and floral die-cuts
· Add three gemstones
I love the variety of die-cut shapes included in this kit. I believe there is something for every style here.
· Cut a piece of the white cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5”
· Using a navy ink stamp Christmas from the clear stamp set to create a
· Add stamped, white cardstock to one of the card bases using the double-sided tape
· Arrange die-cut shapes using foam squares
· Add gold glitter stars from the gold foam sticker sheet
Clean and simple cards are a must during the holiday season, especially for those last-minute cards. It’s okay: it happens to everyone. Grab the kit box and whip something up. The recipient will be none the wiser. (Our secret)
· Cut a piece of the pattern paper to 4.25”w x 3.5”h, cut a second pattern to 4.25”w x 2”h; using double-sided tape adhere to one of the card bases
· Trim the gold glitter cardstock to 4.25”w x .25”; glue where the two pattern papers meet to cover seam
· Using foam squares pop up the hot air balloon and banner sentiment die-cut shape
· Add three gold glitter hearts from the gold foam sticker sheet
I had to use the set of dies included in this kit to create a holiday train. I mean, what’s Christmas without a train, right?
· Die-cut the train using cardstock included in this kit: red, green, black, and mirror gold cardstock; assembled with glue
· Cut pattern paper to 5.5”w x 4.25”h adhere to the card base using double-sided tape
· Cut a piece of the dark gray cardstock to 4.25”w x 5/8” glue to the bottom of the card; use scoreboard to emboss lines 1/8” apart
(this is an excellent way to had texture to the card)
· Glue tree die-cut shapes to card
· Using foam squares, add die-cut shapes to train
· Add sentiment from the Chipboard Embellishments
· Add three gemstones
As I sorted through the die-cut shapes, I was happy to see the jar full of candy, and I knew I had to use it with the Naughty or Nice sentiment from the glitter foam sticker sheet.
· Cut a piece of the white cardstock to 5.5”w x 42.5”h adhere to a card base using double-sided tape
· Cut pattern paper to 3.75”w x 4.25”h; trim a piece of mirror gold cardstock to .25” x 4.25”; add double-sided tape to the back edge of pattern paper and line paper with gold mirror cardstock
· Adhere pattern paper to the left side of the card base
TIP: using a scoreboard and scoring stylus (or bone folder), emboss a line around the outer edge of the card
· Using foam squares, add the candy jar, “handmade” sentiment tag, and candy
· Add the naughty or nice sentiment and pieces of candy from the glitter foam sticker sheet
· Add gemstones
I created all the cards with products included in the kit, plus glue and a few mounting foam squares from my stash. Thank you for spending time with me today!